Communicate with respect and understanding
- Teach family members to communicate respectfully and honestly with each other while living under the same roof.
- Explore common misconceptions about what is possible for young people in today's economy
- Gain insight into how each family member is feeling about the current living situation.
- Create a communication agreement and plan to safely and openly discuss the young adult's plans for the future.
- Family discussions
- Workbook activities
Computer, tablet, or mobile phone
- Printer would be helpful
Families: Parents with their young adults who live at home
Individual printable workbooks
Average: 6 weeks
About the Make the Now Better program
It's not easy being a parent, especially when your children are grown and are still living with you. You want to support them and have a good relationship, but you also don't want to enable bad behavior.
That's where my program comes in. This program is designed to help parents build a better relationship with their adult children while still holding them accountable. The program includes a series of online courses, downloadable resources, and individual printable workbooks.
Get started today and see the difference my program can make in your relationship with your adult child.
Who is this module for?
You are struggling to communicate with each other in a respectful way, especially when it comes to the young adult's future
At least one parent and one young adult are willing to put in the work to do ALL of the activities and to be honest with each other
I stand behind this program 100%. If, after completing the first 2 steps, your family hasn’t experienced a transformation, email me proof that you did the activities for the steps and I’ll refund your full investment.
Here is what we will cover in
Step 1 - Discover your true feelings
- Describe how you feel
- Understand what influences your feelings
- Determine the root cause of your feelings
- Identify what you can do differently moving forward
Step 2 - Understand how your feelings impact others
- Embrace and celebrate vulnerability
- List the pros and cons of sharing your thoughts and feelings
Step 3 - Express your feelings respectfully
- Communicate with kindness
- Express your true feelings
Step 4 - Seek to understand other people's feelings
- Empathize with your family members
- Listen effectively
- Demonstrate understanding of others' thoughts and feelings
Step 5 - Share your intentions
- Identify what information will be shared with family members
- Describe your intentions to your family members
Step 6 - Make a communication plan
- Describe the benefits of having a family communication plan
- Describe what to include in a communication plan
- Build a communication plan for your family
Module 1 Lessons
This program is designed by my daughter and me with the help of child therapists, Autism specialists, and tons of trial and error.
Michelle Arseneault is a woman of many talents. She has over 25 years of experience in designing online courses and is an expert in instructional design. In her spare time, she enjoys coaching people and teaching them new things.
Michelle also loves dancing and designing virtual fashion. She is a mother to her best friend and daughter, Sam, whom she adores more than anything else in the world.